I loved this line from an elephant journal article that I read today, 10 Tips for Becoming Your Own Teacher. Words to live by, right there.
Here’s what is going on in my life lately:
- November in grad school. Oh boy. November is a month of projects, in case you didn’t know. I’m working on a graphics project for one class, and a research project for another.
- Enjoying the fall colors. It’s about to be over, and I want to cling to every last bit of it.
- Playing too much Bejeweled Blitz. Ugh. It’s like crack.
- I know nothing about crack, so it would be more honest of me to say “Bejeweled Blitz is like chocolate chip cookies,” or something else that I find personally addictive.
- I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday, by the way!
- I made those cookies because I was stress-baking. Our sweet little girl cat, Tally, who is an inside-only cat, found a way out of the house yesterday. I spent the morning tearful & unsure where she could be. I spent the afternoon face-down in the dirt (with spiders), because she had been found under my neighbor’s deck, but I couldn’t reach her.
- The Tallybaby finally came home on her own around 9 pm. Guess I could have just skipped that whole face-down in the dirt bit.
There’s more stuff, too, but dinner’s ready. Chicken with bacon + gouda and a big heaping side of sautéed kale… yeah. I’m gonna go eat.
What going on with you, lately?